[attrition] Attrition.org: We Twitter, Therefore We Suck

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Sat Apr 18 00:56:42 UTC 2009

http://attrition.org/news/content/09-04-17.001.html

Attrition.org: We Twitter, Therefore We Suck
Fri Apr 17 2009 19:17:42
Attrition Staff

http://twitter.com/attritionorg

Well, we finally caved in. It's true, and we admit it. Twitter is the
"next big thing" (tm), so, as of right this minute, we're all over it like
smegma on d2d's upper lip. We are going to fully embrace this most awesome
technology, much as we did cascading style sheets, PHP, and Windows Vista
many, many moons ago. We seriously want to be on the cutting edge of the
internet without having to resort to foolish publicity stunts, and as far
as we can tell, every other user on teh webz is doing it, so... here we
are.

Please realize that we aren't doing this just for ourselves. We're doing
this for you, the faithful attrition reader who visits the site every
other month (which used to be weekly until we stopped Data Loss, you
jerks) to get a fill of yukks from the Going Postal section. We realize
that in today's fast-moving world, people are really, REALLY busy and
probably can't digest more than, like, 140 characters at a time, no matter
how complex or important the message may actually be. It's a drain to have
read and *think* through complex sentences, so we're completely changing
our way of thinking.

Therefore, we now Twitter.

[...]