[attrition] Attrition.org: We Twitter, Therefore We Suck

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Sat Apr 18 05:16:40 UTC 2009

: http://attrition.org/news/content/09-04-17.001.html
:
: Attrition.org: We Twitter, Therefore We Suck
: Fri Apr 17 2009 19:17:42
: Attrition Staff
:
: http://twitter.com/attritionorg
:
: Well, we finally caved in. It's true, and we admit it. Twitter is the
: "next big thing" (tm), so, as of right this minute, we're all over it like

Hours later, and I still don't get it. So there I am picking fights with
random security industry twittertards, and I notice that 'cyberwar'
(http://twitter.com/cyberwar) is following this PCI cheerleader
(http://twitter.com/anton_chuvakin). I follow to cyberwar's feed, who has
3 twits total, and a shitload of followers. I follow another person off
the cheerleader's list, and find a neat/useful twitter feed
(http://twitter.com/XSSExploits) with lots of good content and .. three
followers.

For the most part, my limited experience so far has shown me that anything
remotely useful or beneficial on twitter, is ignored. Instead, people
favor insipid mouth breathers banging out a world of crap and linking to
stupid things w/o explanation other than "DUR I LIK DIS". Heaven forbid
you find a good feed with consolidated relevant information, run away!

I have a feeling that most of these gimps just mindlessly type away, and
don't even think about the crap they spew. Let alone have any passion to
defend their position. Well, unless it's like Anton, since he conveniently
leaves of his day job as Director of PCI Compliance Solutions at Qualys,
all the while 'anonymously' cheering on PCI-DSS. Evangelists should be
more subtle.

- jericho