[sticklist] - Message from VF Alumni Assn President John Rapp

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Jun 14 13:07:47 UTC 2007

The following message is being sent on behalf of John Rapp, President of the
VF Alumni Association Board of Directors. I urge all interested alumni to
take a few minutes to read his comments.    --Rick Forno '90 '92C

Gentlemen:

Printed below are copies of two e-mails that may be of interest to you. The
first was sent to the Chairman of the VF Board of Trustees, Bill Floyd, last
month on behalf of the Alumni Association Board of Directors by John Rapp,
President of the Alumni Association Board of Directors.   As of today,
however, there has been no reply.  Indeed, there have not been any replies
of which we are aware from other BOT members to similar inquiries.

The reason for copying this to all of you is two-fold:

       a. Your  Association officers want to keep you in the loop of
communications. The Association has been trying to work with the BOT and the
Administration, but have come up with little-to-no response.

      b. We wish to remind you again of the meeting 28 June 2007, 2:30pm in
Eisenhower Hall, regarding the Administration's "3 Year Plan".  This is
where, it is said, you will have a chance to hear the plan in 'most' of it's
entirety... outlining intentions for academics, tactical matters, and
property solutions.

       The second item transcribed hereunder is likewise to Mr. Floyd and
the Truestees, and to the Alumni President, from our VF alumnus BG Richard
Artz -- now retired, but with 55 years contiguous service to the Forge.
Dick is arguably the most widely experienced braintrust available anywhere
in the VF history of marketing, admissions and the tactical department.
Focusing now on predictable aspects of the "3 Year Plan", he has nonetheless
seen mediocrity and permissiveness fail elsewhere.  Many VF parents and
friends would also appreciate our sharing of his wisdom.

         We need "critical mass" at this meeting.  We also need
correspondence with Bill Floyd, Chairman of the BOT, regarding your specific
and substantive concerns.   It is asked that with all such written
correspondence, a copy be sent to me (JRapp at stei.com) so I can build a
notebook, and will present copies to the entire BOT.  Although the meeting
has been scheduled at a most inconvenient time for many,  please make every
attempt to attend. And again, please be writing to Chairman Floyd. Should
you not have an address, you can write him at the school, and he
will receive the mail as forwarded.

          That's what we have at this moment. We are sure to have many other
thoughts// after the 28 June meeting. Thank you for your support and caring.
We can make a difference when we all pull in the same direction.

               COURAGE, HONOR, CONQUER.
                 John R. Rapp,  President, AABOD
                 JRapp at stei.com