[Infowarrior] - Scary.......Inside Navy's secret brig

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Feb 24 19:54:31 EST 2007

One quote from this story is more than a little shocking, and the very fact
it was even mentioned in a DOD guidance document should disturb everyone, no
matter how it's spun or explained:

> "In detaining American citizens, full constitutional rights are afforded
> except where curtailed by higher guidance or accepted prison practice,"

I thought the highest guidance on legal matters pertaining to US citizens
was the US Constitution and Bill of Rights.  Or is that just sentimental
nostalgiac pre-9/11 thinking?

Full story:

http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/Stories.aspx?sec
tion=localnews&tableId=131707&pubDate=2/23/2007