[attrition] failblog: OMG U FAIL SO HARD

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Tue Jul 14 02:27:05 UTC 2009

(we can definitely relate, oh yes we can... (http://attrition.org/postal/legal.html))

http://failblog.org/2009/07/13/omg-u-fail-so-hard/

EDITOR'S NOTE: This post is in response to an email FAIL Blog received
from an attorney representing Guinness World Records Limited.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for writing us an email regarding the "Record Breaking Fail."
Unfortunately, douchebaggy cyber-bullying emails will only bring upon you
more shame on your house. I am also resisting the urge to write this email
in ALL CAPS.

I believe it is the duty of FAIL Blog(TM) to call out organizations when
they encourage the public to do such things as "Break the record" for the
"Most Individuals Killed In A Terrorist Act." We firmly believe that our
publication of your fail is protected under the concepts of fair use,
commentary and non-trademark use. Please RTFM and we welcome you to teh
interwebs.

Since we at FAIL Blog(TM) don't have a legal defense department, we have
complied with your request to remove the trademarked term and logo from
the original image. We have used the "naughty bits filter" on the image to
secure your naughty, naughty, trademark assertions. However, we have
posted your email so that our audience can see why we had to remove the
name of the failer from the image. I hope that this is the outcome you
have expected as now NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW THAT GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS
LIMITED HAS FAILED.

[...]