[Dataloss] At Least 20 Big-Name Passports Breached

Allan Friedman allan_friedman at ksgphd.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 27 18:59:23 UTC 2008

>  Another seemingly simple solution would be to flag certain high-profile
>  accounts with
>  an option that requires a supervisor's electronic okay to open a record.

Flagging or escalating is fine for presidential candidates and
probably academy award winners, but where does that leave you and me,
who happen to live next door to anyone with access to a major
database. Access control and least privilege are huge privacy issues
that we haven't even started to get into: they are human scale rather
than technical.