[Dataloss] CardSystems Settles FTC Charges

Chris Walsh cwalsh at cwalsh.org
Thu Feb 23 22:30:52 EST 2006

Interesting that Pay By Touch (which now owns Cardsystems) says
(http://www.paybytouchpaymentsolutions.com/about.html) that they are
"VISA Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP) Compliant", but
VISA's list of CISP compliant service providers (http://usa.visa.com/
download/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/
cisp_List_of_CISP_Compliant_Service_Providers.pdf), dated 2/1/2006,
includes neither CardSystems nor Pay By Touch.

The PCI Data Security  Standard is one MasterCard and VISA require
adherence to, and it mandates on-site assessments for processors as
large as Cardsystems.  I specifically remember Amex and Visa dropping
Cardsystems, but I do not have a similar memory for MasterCard.
Unfortunately, I cannot find a list of MasterCard's approved
processors, analogous to the VISA list above.