[Dataloss] CardSystems Settles FTC Charges

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Thu Feb 23 21:17:40 EST 2006

In the case of CardSystems and their new companies, it might be because
VISA is no longer doing business with them?

http://attrition.org/errata/dataloss/cardsystems04.html

What suprises me is that ChoicePoint was hit with a $15 million settlement
and CardSystems, which was a much larger breach in terms of people
affected, only has to "implement a comprehensive security program" and
undergo ten audits over the next twenty years.