[VIM] Question regarding ZDI-12-017's CVE

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Thu Jun 21 13:56:48 CDT 2012

: I have sent an additional request to Oracle as I note we have 9
: published advisories without CVE#s from them. I hope they will respond
: in a timely manner and I will forward on the CVEs as soon as I receive
: them

Excellent!

Given how many advisories you guys release, may be worth your time to
inquire with CVE about becoming a CNA. If you could assign a CVE at the
time of research and include it when contacting the vendor, it would be
very helpful for all parties. I mention this because I ran into a big
group of advisories (~ Feb, 2011) that did not have them. The common theme
was that each issue was being published after 180 days of no patch, as per
your policy.