[VIM] [Change Request] 15931: Smartor Photo Album for phpBB (fwd)

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Thu May 26 17:34:00 EDT 2005

: ---------- Forwarded message ----------
: From: Smartor XP <smartor_xp at hotmail.com>
: To: moderators at osvdb.org
: Cc: dcrab at hackerscenter.com
: Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 01:31:50 +0700
: Subject: [OSVDB Mods] [Change Request]  15931: Smartor Photo Album for phpBB
:
: I am Smartor. Ive just imformed about this
: http://www.osvdb.org/displayvuln.php?osvdb_id=15931
:
: I am sure that is false bug report, because my album has not album_search.php
: at all :D
:
: Maybe Diablic Crab missed my own written album with some (many) others
: modified versions (by other programmers) around the Internet

The vendor figured out what software was really vulnerable. I ended up
editing the entry on our site to refer to the mod (search) of a mod
(photo album) for phpBB. That promises to get messy as time passes!
Imagine when we're tracking these vulnerabilities and a popular module for
PHP-Nuke, PostNuke or phpBB gets edited and re-edited several times, each
with a very blurry public history as to the ownership of the code.