[sticklist] - VFOG Name Change

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue May 5 18:14:23 UTC 2009

(Reposted for the Founders' Guard ...  I will add that such situations
are quite common in the corporate world when large companies try to
deal with critics in cyberspace.   --Rick '90 '92C)

< - snip - >

Alumni, Friends, and family:

The administration of Valley Forge Military Academy and College
Foundation has, through their attorney, indicated our use of the words
"Valley Forge" Old Guard is an infringement on their client’s
registered trademark, Valley Forge Military Academy and College. Thus
the board members of the Valley Forge Old Guard have elected to omit
the words "Valley Forge", and have voted to change our name to THE
FOUNDERS OLD GUARD, and our other public use of same.

We do not believe the administration and or foundation could prove its
legitimate right to the use of the words "Valley Forge" given the
geographical location, and other business, who are similar in their
respective trade. (I.e. Valley Forge Middle School, Valley
ForgeNational Park, Valley Forge Higher Education LLC, etc….)

We have elected to evaluate this unmerited cause of legal action by
the administration, and have elected to compromise, and utilize our
resources for a better cause, then defending our use of such generic
words “Valley Forge.”

Therefore, we are currently moving forward, and have changed our name
to The Founders Old Guard. (www.foundersoldguard.org). We have amended
our name usage in a good faith effort to show the Administration,
Board of Trustees, and Alumni at large, and any possible future court
proceedings, we are willing to work with all parties for a peaceful
resolution, and not dilute funds, which should be used for the success
of the institution, cadets, and or the court’s time on these
unwarranted legal actions, which will take away from the mission of
the Forge, or any other outside support group.

www.foundersoldguard.org

We are sure this legal tactic is the first of many, in a continued
attempt by the McGeorge Administration to silence concerned Alumni,
and to avoid our ability to ask direct questions of the
Administration, and Board of Trustees. We will continue to update the
Alumni at large to the tactics being implemented by the
administration, which continues to alienate many alumni.

Please feel free to visit our site. Also spread the word..... !!!

Respectfully,

Alastair G. Crosbie
Class of 1990
The Founders Old Guard