[Nikto-discuss] Multiple roots from a single scan?

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Tue Apr 1 23:19:17 UTC 2008

:  I'd love a method for giving multiple starting roots, perhaps from a
: file.  Right now, I've just got a shell script that iterates the loop.
: Does anyone have a better approach than the following?
:
: cat dirs.txt | while read line; do
:       nikto -host server -root ${line}
: do

I don't have a better solution, but this seems like a great enhancement to
the multiple host scanning functionality. As it stands, you can put in an
IP and list of ports (e.g. 1.2.3.4,80,443). Having the ability to also
specify a path in that would be nice.