[Infowarrior] - DNI emails/phone hacked

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Jan 12 19:18:06 CST 2016

(I can see the kid at his court hearing:  "Did you hack his account?"  Kid:  "Not wittingly."  --rick)

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/265623-spy-chiefs-personal-accounts-hacked-by-teen

Spy chief hacked by same group that struck CIA head

Julian Hattem

A hacker appears to have broken into personal accounts of the nation’s top spy chief.

The reported teenager is part of the group that hacked into CIA Director John Brennan’s personal emails last year and is using the new access for pro-Palestinian activism.

According to Vice Motherboard, which broke the news on Tuesday, the hacker claimed to have broken into a personal email and phone account of Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and his wife.

The hacker, “Cracka,” appears to have changed the settings on Clapper’s home phone to redirect all incoming calls to the Free Palestine Movement. The hacker also gave Vice a list of call logs to Clapper’s home number and what they claimed were screenshots from his wife’s email account.

“I just wanted the gov to know people aren’t fucking around, people know what they're doing and people don’t agree #FreePalestine,” Cracka told Vice.

A spokesman for Clapper, Brian Hale, said that the spy office is “aware of the incident and have reported it to the appropriate authorities.”

Last year, hackers going by the name Crackas With Attitude or CWA broke into the personal AOL account of the CIA head, leading personally sensitive files such as his application for security clearance. The documents were posted on WikiLeaks, and contained personal information about Brennan and his family.

Brennan was “outraged” by the theft of information, he said in October.

“I certainly was concerned about what people might try to do with that information."

--
It's better to burn out than fade away.