[Infowarrior] - T-Mobile's Legere apologizes to EFF

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Jan 11 18:51:43 CST 2016

(I figured he'd *have* to say something about this bruhaha.  --rick)

Open Letter to Consumers about Binge On
John Legere
President and Chief Executive Officer

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/issues-insights-blog/open-letter-to-consumers-about-binge-on.htm

Wow.  What a week it has been out there about Binge On!  Many of you have been speaking out on the topic from a number of perspectives and I have been listening closely.  I debated with myself about letting this topic drop completely so everyone, consumers and our customers, could catch their breath – but the discussion has gotten so convoluted that I had to do some follow-up to help clarify a few things before we can move on.

< - >

Look, by now you know that I am a vocal, animated and sometimes foul mouthed CEO.  I don’t filter myself and you know that no one at T-Mobile filters me either (no, they don’t even try).  That means I will sometimes incite a bit of a ‘social media riot’, but I’m not going to apologize for that.

I will however apologize for offending EFF and its supporters. Just because we don’t completely agree on all aspects of Binge On doesn’t mean I don’t see how they fight for consumers.  We both agree that it is important to protect consumers' rights and to give consumers value.  We have that in common, so more power to them.  As I mentioned last week, we look forward to sitting down and talking with the EFF and that is a step we will definitely take.  Unfortunately, my color commentary from last week is now drowning out the real value of Binge On – so hopefully this letter will help make that clear again.

It's better to burn out than fade away.