[Infowarrior] - IRS Data Breach

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed May 27 06:22:16 CDT 2015

(Wil IRS offer anything to victims?  Even the typical 'free credit monitoring'?  Probably not.   This is another sign that we have more self-inflicted 'threats' to our information systems than anything coming from China, Russia, Israel, or terrorists.   --rick)

Financial Info On 100,000 Taxpayers Now In The Hands Of Criminals, Thanks To The IRS's Weak Authentication Processes

from the time-for-everyone-to-start-lying-about-their-first-pet's-name dept

The government that wants so badly to be the world's leading cyberwarfare force still seems largely unable to fence in its own backyard. In Yet Another Breach™, the sensitive financial information of thousands of Americans is now in the hands of criminals.

< - >

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150526/15302231120/financial-info-100000-taxpayers-now-hands-criminals-thanks-to-irss-weak-authentication-processes.shtml

--
It's better to burn out than fade away.