[Infowarrior] - The Web We Lost

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Dec 22 08:40:11 CST 2012

The Web We Lost

December 13, 2012

The tech industry and its press have treated the rise of billion-scale social networks and ubiquitous smartphone apps as an unadulterated win for regular people, a triumph of usability and empowerment. They seldom talk about what we've lost along the way in this transition, and I find that younger folks may not even know how the web used to be.

So here's a few glimpses of a web that's mostly faded away:

< -- >

http://dashes.com/anil/2012/12/the-web-we-lost.html