[Infowarrior] - HDCP Encryption/Decryption Code

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Sep 29 12:30:33 CDT 2010

HDCP Encryption/Decryption Code

Rob Johnson (rob at cs.sunysb.edu)
Mikhail Rubnich (rubnich at gmail.com)
This is a software implementation of the HDCP encryption algorithm. We are releasing this code in hopes that it might be useful to other people researching or implementing the HDCP protocol.

DOWNLOAD: hdcp-0.1.tgz
COMPILE: make
TEST: ./hdcp -t
(If there is any "!" in the output, then there was an error)
BENCHMARK: ./hdcp -S
The HDCP cipher is designed to be efficient when implemented in hardware, but it is terribly inefficient in software, primarily because it makes extensive use of bit operations. Our implementation uses bit-slicing to achieve high speeds by exploiting bit-level parallelism. We have created a few high-level routines to make it as easy as possible to implement HDCP, as shown in the following example.

http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~rob/hdcp.html