[Infowarrior] - Resource: Online Media Legal Network

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Nov 20 13:20:39 UTC 2009

(Disclosure: I am not affiliated with nor compensated by the OMLN for
this post ---rick)

http://www.omln.org/aboutus

What We Do
The Online Media Legal Network (OMLN) is a legal referral service that
connects qualifying online journalism ventures and digital media
creators with lawyers willing to provide legal services on a pro bono
or reduced-fee basis. OMLN supports promising ventures and innovative
thinkers in online and digital media by providing access to legal help
that would otherwise be unavailable.

Lawyers participating in the network can assist qualifying clients
with a broad range of legal issues, including business formation and
governance, copyright licensing and fair use, access to government
information, pre-publication review of content, and representation in
litigation.

Who We Are
The OMLN is an initiative of the Citizen Media Law Project (CMLP).
CMLP is jointly affiliated with the Berkman Center for Internet &
Society at Harvard University and the Center for Citizen Media at
Arizona State University.  We are grateful for the generous financial
support of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.