[Infowarrior] - XM gripe

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Apr 30 13:22:55 UTC 2009

This past few days I've spent a fair amount of time on the road, and
much of that was listening to XM-Sirius during the business day.  The
question is this --is it just me or has the XM "advertising" gotten
horribly repetative, especially on news channels?

I mean, how many times in an hour can a person listen to (the same)
promo for Howard Stern or horribly-produced-and-read commercials from
the Nevada Incorporation Company?   (Yes, I know XM Sirus is hurting
for money ... but still.)   Wear-down advertisements, well-produced or
not, tend to backfire as a result of their sheer ability to annoy
listeners and drive them away.

Just a midweek micro-rant.

-rick