[Infowarrior] - CDC Releases "Goolag" scanner

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Feb 20 13:12:35 UTC 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: Oxblood Ruffin <oxblood at hacktivismo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 06:43:05 +0100
To: <undisclosed-recipients:;>
Subject: Goolag: Exporting censorship, importing exploits

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SECURITY ADVISORY: The following program may screw a large Internet
search engine and make the Web a safer place.

LUBBOCK, TX, February 20th ­ Today CULT OF THE DEAD COW (cDc), the
world¹s most attractive hacker group, announced the release of Goolag
Scanner, a Web auditing tool. Goolag Scanner enables everyone to audit
his or her own Web site via Google. The scanner technology is based on
³Google hacking², a form of vulnerability research developed by Johnny
I Hack Stuff. He¹s a lovely fellow. Go buy him a drink.

³It¹s no big secret that the Web is the platform², said cDc
spokesmodel, Oxblood Ruffin. ³And this platform pretty much sucks from
a security perspective. Goolag Scanner provides one more tool for Web
site owners to patch up their online properties. We¹ve seen some
pretty scary holes through random tests with the scanner in North
America, Europe, and the Middle East. If I were a government, a large
corporation, or anyone with a big Web site, I¹d be downloading this
beast and aiming it at my site yesterday. The vulnerabilities are that
serious.²

Goolag Scanner will be released open source under the GNU Affero
General Public license. It is dedicated to the memory of Wau Holland,
founder of the Chaos Computer Club, and a true champion of privacy
rights and social justice.

GOOLAG SCANNER FUNCTIONS AND FEATURES

GoolagScan is a standalone windows GUI based application.

* Configuration.  gS uses one xml-based configuration file for its
settings.

* Data-House-holding.  All dorks coming with the distribution of gS
are kept inside one file.

--

DOWNLOAD AND MORE INFORMATION: http://www.goolag.org

--

Press Contact
Oxblood Ruffin
oxblood at hacktivismo.com

About the CULT OF THE DEAD COW
Based in Lubbock, Texas, the CULT OF THE DEAD COW (cDc) is the most
influential hacking group in the world. The cDc alumni reads like a
Who's Who of hacking and includes a former Presidential advisor on
Internet security, among others. The group is further distinguished by
publishing the longest running e-zine on the Internet [est. 1984],
stretching the limits of the First Amendment, and fighting anyone or
any government that aspires to limit free speech. For more
information, please visit www.cultdeadcdow.com

About Johnny I Hack Stuff
http://johnny.ihackstuff.com/
and here