[Infowarrior] - Albert Hoffman, LSD's 'dad' dies at a mind-blowing 102

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Apr 30 12:43:34 UTC 2008

Albert Hoffman, LSD's 'dad' dies at a mind-blowing 102

The Associated Press

Wednesday, April 30th 2008, 4:00 AM

Albert Hoffman, the father of the mind-altering drug LSD whose medical
discovery grew into a notorious "problem child," died Tuesday.

He was 102.

Hofmann died of a heart attack at his home in Basel, Switzerland, according
to Rick Doblin, president of the Multidisciplinary Association for
Psychedelic Studies, in a statement posted on the association's Web site.

Hofmann's hallucinogen inspired - and arguably corrupted - millions in the
1960s hippie generation. For decades after LSD was banned in the late 1960s,
Hofmann defended his invention.

"I produced the substance as a medicine. ... It's not my fault if people
abused it," he once said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/04/30/2008-04-30_albert_hoffma
n_lsds_dad_dies_at_a_mindbl.html