[Infowarrior] - Schneier's Third Annual Movie Plot Threat Contest

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Apr 11 14:50:36 UTC 2008

(I wonder how many of these ideas DHS actually tries to work with........rf)

Third Annual Movie-Plot Threat Contest

I can't believe I let April 1 come and go without posting the rules to the
Third Annual Movie-Plot Threat Contest. Well, better late than never.

For this contest, the goal is to create fear. Not just any fear, but a fear
that you can alleviate through the sale of your new product idea. There are
lots of risks out there, some of them serious, some of them so unlikely that
we shouldn't worry about them, and some of them completely made up. And
there are lots of products out there that provide security against those
risks.

Your job is to invent one. First, find a risk or create one. It can be a
terrorism risk, a criminal risk, a natural-disaster risk, a common household
risk -- whatever. The weirder the better. Then, create a product that
everyone simply has to buy to protect him- or herself from that risk. And
finally, write a catalog ad for that product.

< - >

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/04/third_annual_mo.html