[Infowarrior] - Pew Research: The State of the News Media 2007

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Mar 12 15:40:44 UTC 2007

http://www.stateofthenewsmedia.org/2007/index.asp

The State of the News Media 2007 is the fourth edition of our annual report
on the health and status of American journalism.

Its goal is to gather in one place as much data as possible about all the
major sectors of journalism, to identify trends, mark key indicators, note
areas for further inquiry and provide a resource for citizens, journalists,
and researchers.

For each area we have produced original research and aggregated existing
data into a narrative. The statistical data also exists in an interactive
area called Charts & Tables where users can customize their own graphics.
This year, we also offer a detailed report on the status of online
journalism, based on a close quantitative examination of a diverse sample of
news websites. ³Digital Journalism: A Topography² identifies what qualities
of the web are being emphasized and which are not. The study also includes
an interactive component that allows users to find the qualities they are
looking for and test their favorite sites.

The study is the work of the Project for Excellence in Journalism, a non
political, non partisan research institute that is part of the Pew Research
Center in Washington. The study is funded by the Pew Charitable Trusts and
was produced with the help of a number of partners, including Rick Edmonds
of the Poynter Institute, Andrew Tyndall of ADT Research and a host of
industry ³readers.²

http://www.stateofthenewsmedia.org/2007/index.asp