[Infowarrior] - DOJ: Calling Mrs. Lovejoy....

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Mar 2 08:49:51 EST 2007

*flails hands in hysterics*

Once again, the silver-bullet-justification of "protecting children from
sexual predators" is added to something controversial by the DOJ to make a
controversial surveillance/enforcement initiative seem less-bad than it
really is.  I wonder if they can use "child porn" as a way to enact a new
round of farm subsidies or ensure the  Alaska Bridge To Nowhere actually
gets built.

Child porn = bad, for sure.  But exploiting its dangers in the name of
further solidifying the establishment of the Total Surveillance State as
part of the government's flawed threat assessments and irrational fears is
abominable.

Of course, it's called the "SAFETY ACT" --- how reassuring!

*flails hands in hysterics*

-rf

http://news.com.com/2102-1028_3-6163679.html?tag=st.util.print