[Infowarrior] - Comcast DVR Question

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Jul 31 09:10:02 EDT 2006

I've got a SciAtlanta DVR from Comcast here in NoVA.   The audio chops out
in 4-5 second bursts on various, but not all, cable (not local) channels
with an increased frequency these days -- mostly at night...which makes
watching a documentary, to say nothing of missing a Jon Stewart punchline,
quite annoying.

Six months ago, I would lose all audio over channel 96 and DVR functionality
until I rebooted the box.  That cleared up fairly quickly -- but this new
problem is annoying as hell.  It's like a cellphone that keeps getting
chopped off during hours of peak usage for its customers (eg prime time)

Any ideas? Maybe Comcast can't handle so many people watching a channel or
surfing the web at a given time? Or is this just a bum box?

...or should I find a non-Comcast box?

-rf