[Infowarrior] - Scrape this, Kemcom! (AIA #2007-01)

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Dec 26 19:13:52 EST 2006

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Over the holiday weekend, I learned that an Australian company called Kemcom
has conducted a near-total scrape of my website for its own commercial use.

The current infowarrior.org site design, including many elements and even my
"slogan", was shamelessly-ganked (and slightly-modified) by Dean and Susan
Kempe of Kemcom back in (at least) 2005.

Most of you know I am all for open sharing and learning, and often have
granted free permission to use stuff from my website in other ventures over
the years provided that credit is given where credit is due.  In Kemcom's
case, no credit was given, and no permission ever was requested.

Granted, my present website is long overdue for a facelift, but still --
shame on Kemcom for such blatant and inconsiderate pilferage.

Screencaps and add'l info:  http://www.infowarrior.org/aia/kemcom-rip/

So I'm flattered and humbled at the imitation.  But also incensed by it.

-rick
Infowarrior.org