[Infowarrior] - What's with the squeaky voices in tv commercials?

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Dec 26 10:04:59 EST 2006

What is it about the recent trend towards using irritating little girls and
their squeaky voices in television advertising?  Three current commercials
come to mind:

1) Texas Instruments DLP.  The girl who, at the end of the commercial, tells
you "it's the MEERS." (it should be "mirrors"  - learn to speak English!)
This has been especially-annoying during American fooball season.

2. Cisco's "human network" girl --- annoying high-pitched squeaky narration
that goes on and on and on and on....

3. I think it's AIG financial; a precocious little girl telling her father
about all the things he should be worried about in life.

....and of course, speaking of TV commercials, a pox on BMW for their
"screaming kids" commercial that ran during the holidays.  Talk about an
abrasive noise during the workday to interrupt your workflow. Good job, BMW
-- you've turned me off from your brand for life.

*growl*

-rf