[Dataloss] Consumers of Hannaford Brothers Co. Supermarkets FileClass Action Suit

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Thu Mar 20 17:59:02 UTC 2008

So I understand and sympathize with what you're saying.  At the same
time, they are legally mandated to disclose, and a large disclosure is
likely to trigger a lawsuit and discovery.  That's the society in
which we live.  It seems that shaping the news might well make more
sense.  I'm influenced here by Barbara Kellerman's "When Should a
Leader Apologize and When Not?," (Harvard Business Review, April
2006.) which is well worth reading.

Adam