[Dataloss] OT? PCI Education Steak & Shake

Clint P. Garrison MBA, CISSP, QSA garrison.clint at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:42:36 UTC 2007

Actually that is not correct...

Visa and AmEx allows Level 1 merchants' internal auditors perform the
PCI assessment, but a company officer has to sign off on it.
Mastercards' Level 1 merchants have to have a QSA perform the
assessment.

If you are referring to the quarterly (external) scans, you would be
correct. They have to be done by an ASV.

Clint P. Garrison