[Dataloss] slightly OT: LifeLock Identity Theft Protection

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Fri Apr 27 01:59:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, security curmudgeon wrote:

: http://www.lifelock.com/
:
: My name is Todd Davis
: This is my social security number 457-55-5462

My post was not an endorsement of lifelock.com, Todd Davis or anything
else. This post was made because I found it surprising that a CEO would
post his own social security number "proving" his own service, something
that other services don't do.

Attrition does not have any affiliation with lifelock.com or any other
company/service that provides identity theft protection. Until earlier
this evening, neither Lyger nor myself had heard of lifelock.com despite
their "million dollar advertising campaign" (from what we were later
told).

If anyone has any comments, criticisms or rebuttal of my post, we will
selectively post them if they are fair, reasonable and cite their sources.

By reading this mail you absolve myself and attrition.org of any
wrongdoing, pinkie swear you will eat a twinkie before midnight and will
print and shred this message if it was not intended for you.

- Jericho