[Dataloss] TJX breach shows that encryption can be foiled

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Tue Apr 3 17:46:43 UTC 2007

I think Andy's got it covered but I'm confident the amount of data
(including Track 2) they were retaining was above and beyond the
PCI-DSS maximum; especially with such a failure cryptography-wise.

--
B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://www.wkdelong.org                    Son.
http://www.ianetsec.com                    Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org             Volunteer.
http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org   Service.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com             Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org