[Dataloss] Article: The Cold, Hard Costs of Data Exposure

George Toft george at myitaz.com
Wed Sep 27 19:23:23 EDT 2006

PGP Study says the direct, indirect, and opportunity cost is $140 for
each record lost.  They also say 20% of the customers leave, and an
additional 40% are looking for a new provider.

Reference: PGP Research Report – Summary
Lost Customer Information: What Does a Data Breach Cost Companies?
http://www.securitymanagement.com/library/Ponemon_DataStudy0106.pdf

Cheers!

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
My IT Department
www.myITaz.com
480-544-1067

Confidential data protection experts for the financial industry.