[Dataloss] (followup) Indiana takes action on prescription privacy

Dissent Dissent at pogowasright.org
Sat Sep 23 14:01:27 EDT 2006

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5446810&nav=9Tai

This summer, 13 Investigates found dozens of local pharmacies trashed
their customers' privacy. In fact, we found local drug stores simply
tossed out personal health information about hundreds of people. In
some cases, we found pharmacies continued to do it even after we
showed them the problem.

On Thursday, the Indiana Board of Pharmacy announced it is targeting
30 pharmacies for a state investigation. "We filed consumer
complaints against all of the pharmacies that were part of your
report and there is an investigation ongoing right now with the
attorney general's office with regard to those complaints," Allain said.

[...]

Don't know if it appeared on this list, but the original story  on
trashing privacy was at http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5201721&nav=9Tai