[Dataloss] American Family Insurance Warns Customers OfIdentityTheft

Saundra Kae Rubel privacylaws at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 13 18:26:34 EDT 2006

See part (5) at page 2 of that specific law:
(5) REQUEST BY LAW ENFORCEMENT NOT TO NOTIFY. A
law enforcement agency may, in order to protect an
investigation or homeland security, ask an entity not to
provide a notice that is otherwise required under sub. (2)
for any period of time and the notification process
required under sub. (2) shall begin at the end of that time
period. Notwithstanding subs. (2) and (3), if an entity
receives such a request, the entity may not provide notice
of or publicize an unauthorized acquisition of personal
information, except as authorized by the law enforcement
agency that made the request.