[Dataloss] Question about Polo Ralph Lauren

Chris Walsh cwalsh at cwalsh.org
Sun Jul 16 16:52:31 EDT 2006

In April 2005, it came out that Polo Ralph Lauren had improperly-configured
POS terminals that had stored CC information from 6/2002 to 12/2004.  This
became public when HSBC announced it was sending new cards to 180K customers.
Even though we know that this event revealed more than just the HSBC
cardholders' info, I can't find a revised number for the amount of records
exposed.  I also can't find any reports of how the info was revealed (eg.,
was it accessible via a web site??).

If anybody has pointers to more info on this, please let me know?

Thanks

Chris