[attrition] Box of Shit, the Revenge

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Sat Feb 16 09:18:43 UTC 2008

http://attrition.org/news/content/08-02-15.001.html

Box of Shit, the Revenge
Fri Feb 15 03:30:49 EST 2008
jericho at attrition.org

First, I need to defend myself here after the unfair and ungrateful D2D
blasted my shower of kindness in the form of a box of shit. D2D does many
things around here, most notably send ascii drawings of male genetalia,
randomly kill -HUP the web server to make Lyger ask "why did the server
crash earlier" and send inappropriate instant messages after a heavy night
of drinking rubbing alchohol. Once in a while, he also pretends to be a
developer for the OSVDB.org project. By that I mean he acts like a Ruby on
Rails Evangelist, constantly saying how it is superior to SNOBOL and PHP.
He may be right there though.

It's for this last thing that I opted to send him a cherished box of shit,
to reward him for fixing a bug I opened up seven months ago. After fixing
the typo on a web page, he closed the ticket and sent me 69 copies of the
ascii version of goatse.cx image. What an ass! Despite this virtual abuse,
a box of shit was sent out priority mail. He received and promptly blogged
(fag) about it, suggesting my generous gifts were a slight of some kind.

Shortly after this, Lyger decides to betray my generosity by posting his
rant about the box of shit I sent to him. Before you read that hurtful
link in detail, take note that he carries around a Crackberry (fag) like
the good little metrosexual he is. On top of the wonderful stuff, I
accidentally sent him the Ansel Adams books that were meant for my
color-blind friend in Juarez.

[..]