[attrition] review: Movie: The Village

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Sun Mar 18 04:02:05 UTC 2007

http://attrition.org/movies/village.html

The Village
2004
martums

Critics suck. Have you ever shyed away from a film the critics blasted,
only to see it sometime later wondering WTF were they thinking?

I try to pay as little attention as possible to what those scum bag
critics say about a given film. Although, if the rating on IMDb is under
5, that may warrant attention, but critics in general are so often full of
crap, you'd be better off reading this. I wasn't planning on reviewing
this film until I read Roger Ebert's review. Don't get me wrong, Ebert has
lots of experience, generally knows his stuff, and from time to time may
have a tiny bit of some relevant perspective to share. That said, his
review of M. Night Shyamalan's The Village was so hugely off course, it
could have been in another dimension. I won't guess about his perspective,
his feelings, or any of that. His review of this movie was harsh.

I call bullshit. Screw the critic. This is a really good flick.

[...]