[attrition] 100 million... the gloves come off.

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Fri Dec 15 08:24:42 EST 2006

http://attrition.org/dataloss/rant/100million.html

Thu Dec 14 20:31:40 EDT 2006
Lyger

I'm going to preface this entire rant with one caveat: I have respect for
Beth Givens and Privacy Rights Clearinghouse for their efforts to promote
awareness regarding data breaches that involve personally identifying
information. I have respect for other groups and entities who care enough
to report these breaches, analyze them, and provide meaningful and
insightful commentary and analysis. However:

I really have a hard time respecting journalists who fail to do basic
background research regarding this topic, especially when their writings
openly praise the "popular kids at school" and fully ignore the hard work
of others who make those "kids" so popular.

[...]