[Nikto-discuss] multi port, multi server scanning

a resident.deity at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 17:30:57 CDT 2011

On 2 July 2011 13:15, Sullo <csullo at gmail.com> wrote:
> You
> can try using the nocache option to reduce the amount of data stored, but
> you might be better off trying to break up the scan into smaller chunks.

I think that this will be your problem; for some strange reason we
keep the cache throughout the lifetime of the scan, even through we
use the target details to key on the cache.

The only advantage to doing this is if you repeat scan a server within
the same instance of Nikto, which is unlikely.

I've raised this as bug #219.

For now you can work around this by disabling the cache by using -nocache.