[Nikto-discuss] Plugins with SQLite

David Lodge dave at cirt.net
Fri Sep 12 07:08:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:29:05 +0100, security curmudgeon
<jericho at attrition.org> wrote:
> : I have a version of nikto on my dev box ready to svn up, which uses
> : SQLite for the database backend. At the moment I have only one database
> : moved into the format: that is for the httpoptions plugin.
> As a consultant, this would be extremely annoying and possibly force me
> to look for another solution. For remote scans from my own box, this
> wouldn't be that big an issue (other than a general dislike for adding
> a lot more software for the same functionality we've enjoyed).

I've decided to can it now - for this reason, as well as, when testing it
made a lot more false positives; which for me is a really bad thing
(nessus produces enough, I don't need more from nikto)!

I'll still be adding functionality for plugins to load databases on the
fly - though these'll be simple csv databases, like the ones already
present.

dave