[Nikto-discuss] More authentication...

David Lodge dave at cirt.net
Tue Nov 4 18:43:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 09:09:23 +0100, Frank Breedijk
<FBreedijk at schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> + Default account found for 'x.x.216.10' at /exchange/lib/AMPROPS.INC
> (ID 'administrator', PW 'administrator'). Generic account discovered.
> + ERROR: Unable to authenticate to "x.x.216.10"
>
> First statement looks like a false positive to me.

Frank,

Some of the nikto 2.03 authentication code is a bit clunky; there's been a
large overhaul with the current version on Assembla
(http://www.assembla.com/spaces/Nikto_2/trac_subversion_tool) which should
fix a lot of general authentication problem (and supports NTLM).

If there's a chance you could get hold of this and try it again, if
there's still a problem, could you raise a bug on Assembla?

Thanks

dave