[Nikto-discuss] Proxy doesn't work

David Lodge dave at cirt.net
Tue Nov 4 18:40:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:14:28 +0100, Ryan Dewhurst <ryandewhurst at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I got the proxy working by using the -useproxy argument and a working
> proxy.

I've raise the lack of reporting as a bug #65.

I realise that this is a really old discussion, but I've had the
opportunity to use nikto through a proxy recently and have realised that
it is a bit clunky to do, as you need to:
* edit nikto.txt
* remember to use -useproxy
* lack of supporting information

As part of the release for nikto 2.10 (expected start of next year) one of
my goals is to rework the configuration file/switches interpretation as
it's a wee bit manky at the moment; I'm aiming to work this along the
normal Unix style:
* Take initial settings from /etc/nikto.conf (or whatever filename)
* Take more settings from ~/.niktorc (or whatever filename)
* Take settings from the commandline

Each step over-rides the above step (so, specifying, say --noproxy on the
CLI with over-ride an earlier --useproxy).

If anybody's got any feedback on how stuff is given to nikto; please put
on the list or contact me directly...

Thanks

dave