[Nikto-discuss] Nikto databases

David Lodge dave at cirt.net
Thu Aug 7 22:06:56 UTC 2008

I'm seeking for opinions here (and yes, I realise half of you are jollying
at Defcon; please bear a though for those of us on the other side of the
planet to it). As I want nikto to have a knowledgebase, reduce its memory
consumption, allow scan histories and generally tweak it; what are
people's opinion about using a SQLite database to store the contents of
the db (rather than load it into memory) and output (rather than create
fictitious tests to store them in).

The big disadvantage is that it would require that SQLite is installed on
the system.

Thoughts?

dave