[Dataloss] At Least 20 Big-Name Passports Breached

Jim Kerr james.kerr at ceelox.com
Fri Mar 28 15:14:06 UTC 2008

The fact of true accountability would address this issue. If a person needs
to swipe a finger to gain access to information then that person knows there
is a proof positive audit trail of that event (unlike a password that could
be socially engineered or taken from under the keyboard). This would deter
users from this activity knowing that their credentials could not be assumed
by another. This is probably how it is happening so frequently. Just assume
someone else's identity and have at it.

a) There would be no reorganizing infrastructure since the technology
available is non invasive to provide the credentialing.
b) Again biometric technology gives you the ability to use 25 character
passwords that don't need to be remembered (or typed in) and the print is
converted into a proprietary algorithm that is encrypted in an AES 256
cipher.
c) This could be done and again the accountabilty factor will dramatically
reduce attempts.