[Dataloss] A data security breach legislation question

Miller, Terry Terry.Miller at finra.org
Wed Mar 12 14:15:56 UTC 2008

Note that on March 4 the SEC proposed expanding privacy Regulation S-P
which is based on GLBA.  The proposed expansion, which is based in large
part on existing banking and FTC regulations, would include a national
notification requirement.  The requirement may preempt certain state
laws which allow for such preemption.

Here is the proposal, which is now out for comment.

http://www.sec.gov/rules/proposed/2008/34-57427.pdf

Terry