[Dataloss] Interesting situation in a California school district

Chris Walsh cwalsh at cwalsh.org
Wed May 17 22:35:13 EDT 2006

Twenty employees (and counting) have had credit cards opened in their
name over the last few days, by persons unknown.  Officials are
trying to find the common thread that links these people -- perhaps a
breached HR system, etc.

Article at http://www.modbee.com/local/story/12194138p-12937352c.html

[If I was in the marketing department of a SW firm that had a product
to detect this kind of "information leakage", I'd offer to deploy it
at this school district for free.  The ad copy would practically
write itself if a compromised system (or corrupt insider) were
detected by it.]