[widdershins] independent security researchers vs companies ?!

Stuart MacIntosh stuart at linuxsecurity.co.nz
Thu Sep 8 23:13:28 EDT 2005

'responsible disclosure' is prone to corruption(bribes anyone?) and is
not ultimately fair or responsible to the public or private. Security
researchers are in a field of their own and have absolutely no
obligation to grant 'grace time' to corporations or software developers.

I support full, public disclosure; which is not a problem but, the civil
response to the greater problem of dodgy security.

-Stuart