[VIM] Dovecot 'LIST' Command Denial of Service Vulnerability

George Theall gtheall at tenable.com
Wed Aug 14 14:47:38 CDT 2013

On Aug 14, 2013, at 2:25 PM, Dinesh Theerthagiri <Dinesh_Theerthagiri at symantec.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> You are right BID 61763 has a wrong CVE number (CVE-2013-2111). Now we corrected by removing the CVE number.

Thanks

Unfortunately, that doesn't provide details about what exactly is crashing. According to http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2013/08/14/6, an attacker can only cause his own session to crash (at least unless Dovecot was configured in a non-recommended way). So how is that a vulnerability?

> Thanks,
> T.Dinesh

George
theall at tenable.com