[VIM] Sun site - 404 Content not found errors

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Fri Aug 27 13:48:43 CDT 2010

: http://wikis.sun.com/display/SunSolve/404+Content+not+found+errors
:
: I hesitate to guess how many hundreds of URLs have been broken in CVE with
: little hope of recovery.
:
:   "To find this SunAlert, searching on the keywords or the original title,
:    for example... will provide the new link."
:
: ... except CVE made the mistake of referencing bulletin numbers.

We did too. The whole point of an advisory ID number is for clear tracking
no matter what form the advisory takes or where it is moved to.
Expectations that people would reference any of them (at least in bulk) by
keywords or title is absurd.