[VIM] upSploit

Thomas Mackenzie thomas.mackenzie at upsploit.com
Tue Aug 24 20:01:59 CDT 2010

Hello all,

You were right to email info@ as that goes to all the people within the project.

I am the project manager for upsploit and we are currently working towards a release for the 6th Sept where I will be appearing on PaulDotCom to talk about the project. There will also be a small article in the next hackin9 magazine.

Basically upSploit works with the vendors primarily, most advisories are first confirmed and sent off to the vendor once they are confirmed to be true. This works slightly different in the sense that we send the advisories off to the vendor first, making it a lot less time on our end.

We allow the vendor to reply within 180 days, and in this time around 10 reminder emails are sent out.

Once the vulnerability has been patched then we distribute the advisory to a number of different databases across the internet in the hope that the advisories can help other researchers with their research.

The whole process is automated, the only manual part is if the vendor replies back to us and we need to give a response.

If the vendor does not get back to us, we release the advisory ONLY on our site, and have a voting system thats pluses or minuses 1, so i reality its never proper confirmed but you will be able to see what people think about it.

Thanks,

Thomas Mackenzie